HygenOx® is the patented treatment developed by Anodica that confers secondary sanitizing properties to the decorative anodizing of aluminium.
Proper hygiene for surfaces is a sensitive issue, which has become increasingly important over the past year due to the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. According to the first available data obtained from experimental conditions, surfaces are a possible vehicle for the transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Since the virus can survive on surfaces for periods ranging from a few hours to several days (depending on the nature of different surfaces, according to ongoing studies), it may pose a potential risk to people who come into contact with it.
Which tools can we choose for in order to sanitize contact surfaces?
Proper hygiene and cleaning are effective ways to eliminate potential traces of viruses on surfaces. However, in some professional and public environments, where hygiene is crucial, it may be worth considering a specific treatment for such surfaces.
HygenOx® is the patented treatment developed by Anodica that confers secondary sanitizing properties to the decorative anodizing of aluminium. This treatment is the result of the joint work of the Anodica R&D team and a prestigious Italian university.
What are the properties of the Anodica HygenOx® sanitizing treatment?
HygenOx® is a special sanitizing anodizing finish. The process entails spreading silver ions into the thickness of the treated component. The anodized surface acquires electrochemical properties at the molecular level, which reduce any existing bacterial load without altering the aesthetic features of the surface.
What are the main advantages of the HygenOx® sanitizing treatment?
Anodica developed the patented HygenOx® treatment in order to meet the specific needs of several of the company’s customers. Namely, to obtain anodized aluminium components with self-cleaning and sanitizing properties while maintaining the same aesthetic and tactile effect as the original finish. The main advantages of the HygenOx® sanitizing finish include:
- increased hygiene, thanks to its ability to eliminate 98% of already existing bacteria within 8 hours and more than 99% within 24 hours;
- reduction in cross-contaminations thanks to the self-sanitizing properties acquired by surfaces;
- enhancement of the aesthetic appearance of components;
- reduced need for cleaning, with a saving on cleaning products and lower environmental impact;
- resistance to corrosion and to the temperature of the treated anodized aluminium surface.
Where can the HygenOx® treatment be applied?
HygenOx® treatment can be applied as a finish to aluminium components in the home, in public and professional environments and in many sectors, such as:
- healthcare: medical furniture, work surfaces, components for medical instruments and equipment;
- catering: work surfaces, components of equipment and utensils;
- public areas and frequently used environments: schools, nursery schools and offices;
- automotive: public vehicles and public transport.
The properties of the new decorative and sanitizing anodizing treatment by Anodica are also certified by tests carried out by several independent laboratories in compliance with the ISO 22196 standard.
The Anodica team has always been committed to researching and developing solutions that provide effective responses to the needs of a constantly evolving market. HygenOx® therefore proves to be an innovative finish, combining the need to preserve a constant and adequate level of hygiene while providing an original aesthetically appealing product.
Would you like to learn more about the characteristics, advantages and applications of the HygenOx® decorative and sanitizing anodizing treatment? Contact the Anodica team.