Handles, knobs, profiles and control panels of home appliances are classified as contact surfaces and can harbour germs and microbes, thus becoming a means of spreading dangerous viruses and bacteria. Cleaning agents and disinfectants provide a good level of sanitization but only for a limited period of time.
So how can we ensure adequate hygiene for the surfaces we come into contact with every day?
In collaboration with BioCote®, Anodica has developed HygenOx®. This patented antimicrobial treatment, combining the anodizing process with antimicrobial technology, is able to spread silver ions over the entire area of an aluminium surface. The treated surface acquires new electrochemical properties at the molecular level, which reduce the existing bacterial load and take it to values close to zero (up to 99.99%).
The antibacterial anodizing of aluminium is a permanent treatment that guarantees:
- effective antimicrobial protection against bacteria, fungi and viruses (MRSA bacteria, E. Coli and the H1N1 virus);
- aesthetic enhancement with a look and robustness for components that remain unchanged over time;
- high resistance to wear, heat and corrosion;
- reduction in cross contamination;
- certification in compliance with the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) international protocol;
- easy to clean.
HygenOx® antibacterial treatment for aluminium can be applied as a finish for surfaces and components in the home and in professional environments in important sectors such as:
- catering: components of equipment and utensils, work surfaces;
- healthcare: medical furniture, components of medical equipment and appliances;
- frequently used public environments: schools, nursery schools and offices;
- automotive: means of transport and public vehicles.
This exclusive antimicrobial finish was developed to meet the needs of a demanding and growing market, for which an increase of $3.8 billion is expected by 2020. HygenOx® is innovative, since it combines the need to maintain a constant high level of hygiene with unique aesthetic appeal and sophisticated product design. Nanotechnologies and the targeted use of materials have led to the advantages of high quality at competitive production costs and low environmental impact.
Please contact the Anodica team for further technical specifications and information on the advantages of HygenOx® treatment.